iPhone 3G

0

Written on 10:23 AM by c meridian


iPhone 3G, originally uploaded by write2inbox.

Ah, well... I didn't want to blog this for fear I'd sound like a prick. But
it's been 2 weeks now since I got my iPhone 3G so I suppose if it's no
longer NEW news... it's ok to blog about it. Besides, I can't give a proper
review of the iphone after just 48 hours, can I?

But, it's been a fantastic two weeks for me. The phone is serving me great.
Actually, I bought 2 first-gen iPhones last year, but never used them
because I changed my mind after I got them (I sold them away). There are
just so many iPhone users around already! So I soldiered on with my old
phones (Nokia 8800, Motorola KRZR K1 and the Sony Ericsson K850i).

Until two months ago, when Singtel quietly opened their iPhone reservation
site and me (and my friend) registered for one piece of mobile
telecommunication history. To cut the story short, the phone is now in my
hands. I am loving every second of using it.

Although I think making calls with the other phones can be a fraction faster
compared to the iPhone, but the Apple phone blows the others away when it
comes to the Internet, photos viewing, software speed, smooth graphics,
video performance, music experience and functions. Ok, I know some of you
will jump on the haters bandwagon and say "where's the video call? where's
the MMS?". Then I'll just have to answer that question with another
question... "how often have you ACTUALLY used these functions, if at all?" I
think the MMS is one of the biggest failures of modern mobile technology. It simply
did not catch on, although there has been an insane amount of hype
and marketing by the telcos to promote its usage (and earn your money). I've received a total of possibly less than 5 MMSes ever, if you discount those from the telco telling me offers.

I have used the video call function a total of 3 times in my life and I've
had much experience with 3G phones. The first time was when I just got the Sony Ericsson
K800i to test if the video call function works. And twice, I made video
calls to my brother in a grand total of two years, just for the heck of it.
So to be honest, I don't miss these functions at all. However, if you think
you do, please go buy your N96, Motorola RAZR whatever special snakeskin
edition and NOT the iPhone. And quit bitching.

These are just some of the things I do with my sexy white iPhone 3G.

1. 1. Updating my facebook status, reply to wall messages and chat with
friends with the Facebook application. One click and it connects to my
account instantly.
2. Chat on MSN with the Palringo application
3. Update my blog (i've done it while in the cab, on the way to work)
4. Check out restaurants in the vicinity
5. Pin my own photo + review of a restaurant, on the GPS application -
"Nearby". So others can see what is good to eat around the area.
6. Watch YouTube videos
7. Check my company email and view the attachments
8. Get Hot Gossip anywhere, anytime... especially fun to read in the
toilet. The application is called Celeb Gossip
9. Play games
10. Have a dictionary and wikipedia in my hands at all times
11. Learn Mandarin with the Lonely Planet Talking Phrasebook (I also have
french and italian)
12. Unit converter software that converts currency, length, energy,
weight, speed, pressure, power and etc etc
13. Browse the web (any other mobile phone that tells you to browse the web with a toothpick stylus or for non-touch screen Nokia style nav key style should be sent to the guillotine. It should be made a sin. Trust me, there's nothing out there than can rival the internet experience on this.
14. Update my blog. All I have to do is tap on the photo from my camera
gallery or the photo album i have inside (sync-ed from iPhoto) and select
email photo... to send it straight to my blog.
15. Make phone calls and reply SMSes on-the-go, of course!

It's be best invention for the toilet, since 4-ply toilet paper. And it sure
damn is good looking. All I can say I am extremely happy with this phone.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment