Happy mid autumn festival

0

Written on 6:10 PM by c meridian


Happy mid autumn festival, originally uploaded by write2inbox.

Celebrated the mid autumn festival, aka mooncake festival, aka lantern
festival in batam. My company organized this $128 (Singapore dollar)
package for those who are keen to get away for the celebrations.

The mid autumn festival used to be something fun for me as a kid. When
I would have the best looking dragon lantern. Or sometimes if my
parents feel like it, I think just because they think it's cute, will
buy me a chicken or fish shaped lantern. That and the donald duck
lanterns really embarass the sh*t out of me. Because they're not the
one who has to walk around the town mingling with friends with some a
candle lit chicken hanging from a stick.

But that's not as bad as one year, when my dad decided to ask us to
make our own lanterns. I haven't got a clue how. ( I was 10). So we
got the wires and the colored paper, and I made a cylindrical shaped
face with cotton white beard. A Santa Claus, in other words. So there
you have it, you may think you've seen it all, but you haven't seen a
Santa Claus Chinese lantern.

Back to my trip over the weekend to batam. You know what? After
spending a weekend there, if I have anyone coming up to me, asking me
if they should go to batam for a short getaway, my answer will be
simple..."don't".

I almost died of boredom. The food was terrible. The hotels are dodgy.
The scenery is , well, what scenery??? But it is indeed cheap. And if
that's the only criteria you are looking for on your holiday, you
should book your ferry ticket to Batam right now!!!...

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment