Career TakeOff!

0

Written on 2:17 AM by c meridian


Career TakeOff!, originally uploaded by write2inbox.

"A Different Flight Path"
Today I confirmed with a travel agency on the starting date for my new
career in Marketing. After months of applying for jobs and interviews (some
nasty, some nice), I've finally decided to take the bold step of moving from
journalism to marketing. Actually, this is what I see myself doing in the
next 10 years... marketing. Using the knowledge of current events, trends,
the marketplace, products and business instincts into a job that pays the
bills. Yea, I see myself looking at selling people's wants and needs... as a
long term career! I will miss writing, the social connection I have with the
people I have come across in my years as a writer in KL. I do miss the
people, the press functions, the freebies (goody bags!), the work and the
amazing friends.

It's time to open a new chapter in my life... Hopefully, it will bring in
new faces, new experiences and good moments... and hopefully some of my
closest, dearest friends that I've made along the way so far, will be there
to enjoy them with me. To share the joy, even if they're not here in body
but in their thoughts and blessings.

Actually, speaking of the job...There has been other much much much more
lucrative offers, but I feel this job, although in a less glam environment
and less than stellar pay (trust me... the figures ain't pretty), will put
me a small step in the right direction for my long term career goal. I want
to be a MARKETING WHORE.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment